Get going quickly and easily by learning the basics of HMIelite.
The HMIelite has a single work mode that allows executing the selected program from any page by pressing [START]. To be able to execute it, it is necessary to have a program selected.
At the top of the screen the name of the selected program and the symbol indicating that it is possible to run the program are displayed.
This work mode allows programs to be executed from any page. To avoid unwanted executions from the “Edit” and “Manual” pages, it is posible to enable the “Double [START] to validate” option. In this way, after pressing the [START] key, the CNC will request to press [START] again to carry out the execution.
For more information about this option check 03. Double START to validate execution chapter, inside HMI configuration section.
The CNC has a series of shortcuts that allow quick and easy access to the different work pages and the most used functionalities.
Press the indicated key combination to access the desired page or functionality.
|Main menu||[CTRL] + [SHIFT] + [F1]|
|Execution page||[CTRL] + [F6]|
|Manual page||[CTRL] + [F7]|
|MDI||[CTRL] + [F8]|
|Edit||[CTRL] + [F9]|
|Parameters||[CTRL] + [F10]|
|Tools||[CTRL] + [F11]|
|Utilities||[CTRL] + [F12]|
|Diagnosis||[CTRL] + [i]|
|Shutdown / Reboot / Logout||[ALT] + [F4]|
|Previous menu||[CTRL] + [F1]|
|Minimize CNC (Windows)||[CTRL] + [w]|
|Change window focus||[CTRL] + [F2]|
|Change channel||[CTRL] + [F3]|
|Two-color key||[ALT] + [b]|
|Calculator||[CTRL] + [k]|
|Dynamic bar||[CTRL] + [h]|
|Help window||[CTRL] + [F4]|
|Error or warning windows (enlarge / minimize)||[ALT] + [w]|
|CNC message window (open / close)||[CTRL] + [o]|
|PLC message window (open / close)||[CTRL] + [m]|
|Virtual panel 1||[ALT] + [k]|
|START||[CTRL] + [s]|
|STOP||[CTRL] + [p]|
|RESET||[CTRL] + [r]|
|SINGLE BLOCK||[CTRL] + [b]|
|CUSTOM (configurable)||[SHIFT] + [F1]|
|RECALL||[CTRL] + [F5]|
Help window can be displayed from any HMI workspace. It is a dynamic help, since the content it shows will depend on which workspace is active.
So, if help window is displayed from user-cycles, the help window will show information about the parameter where the focus is located. If it is displayed from any other page, the help window will show information about CNC programming.
To display the help window follow these steps:
- Place the focus on the field or area of the page you want to get help for.
- Press the [CTRL] and [F4] keys simultaneously, or press the [HELP] key on your panel.
- The contextual help window will be displayed, where information related to the field or the area of the page in which the focus is will be displayed.
- Press the [CTRL] and [F4] keys simultaneously, or press the [HELP] key on your panel, to switch between the help window and the full help window.
- To close the help window press the [ESC] key.
The same process is explained on the following video:
When there is a warning or an error, the CNC shows it in the warning/error bar.
- If it is a warning, the warning/error bar is shown in green. It is possible to continue working normally when a warning is displayed.
- If it is an error, the warning/error bar is shown in red. The status bar is also collored in red. When the CNC is in an error state, some functionalities are disabled. The image below shows several inactive horizontal and vertical softkeys when the CNC is in an error state.
To solve a warning or error follow these steps:
Click on the warning/error bar or press [ALT] + [w] keys to display the window.
The warning/error window displays information about the detection, cause, and solution of the warning or error. To solve the error, follow those instructions.
If the window has the indication [Esc], after reading the cause and solution, press [ESC] to close the error window and continue working with the CNC.
If the window has the indication [Reset], solve the error as indicated and press [RESET] to close the error window and continue working with the CNC.
Once the warning or error is solved, the warning/error bar will disappear. If what was solved was an error, the status bar icons will change color.
Get the most out of your machines increasing your capability with Fagor systems. Fagor offers a great selection of courses by specialized personnel, regardless of your profile, level or type of customer, that will let you increase the capability and performance of your machines.
Contact with us
Write to us and we will get in touch as soon as possible....