ELKARTEK Promgram, SPRI, Basque Government
“High value processes based on knowledge and data” and acronym “PROCODA”.
File No.: KK-2019/00004
Start and end date:
Start: March 1, 2019
End: December 31, 2020
Number of participants:
Description and objectives:
PROCODA is a strategic project in the field of Advanced Manufacturing, in which seven Technology Centres and Universities collaborate, with the aim of integrating an online and remote platform that will help machine manufacturers to optimize their manufacturing processes in all production phases. The result of the initiative will materialize in new hybrid models that will avoid defects and errors.
The objective of the project is to research the development of new complex manufacturing processes (high value processes) through an integral approach, based on simulation (knowledge) and monitoring and data analysis. This configuring a hybrid modelling and flexible performance platform (offering on-line and remote performance) that allows machine manufacture companies and, especially, their users to drastically optimize (in time and cost) their manufacturing processes, in all phases of development: design, ramp-up, production life cycle and adaptation to new requirements, increasing, in addition, their quality and reliability ratios.
For this end, two areas of research and knowledge that have usually been worked on separately are addressed in an integrated way:
- Fundamental knowledge of the basic parameters governing manufacturing processes. Fundamentally through the modelling of the physical principles that govern them.
- Monitoring and analysis of experimental data. This monitoring will be used in two stages: as a tool for experimental validation tool of the models and as part of the solution offered to the industry, as a key element of the processing, analysis and performance platform.
- FUNDACIÓN TEKNIKER (LEADER)
- FAGOR AOTEK, S. COOP.
- FUNDACION TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION
- IDEKO, S. COOP.
- LORTEK S. COOP.
- MONDRAGON GOI ESKOLA POLITEKNIKOA JOSE MARIA ARIZMENDIARRIETA S. COOP.
- UPV/EHU – DEPARTAMENTO INGENIERÍA MECÁNICA