HAZITEK Program. SPRI, Basque Government
Co-financed by the Basque Government and the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020 (ERDF).
“Research in hybrid balanced Edge and Cloud architectures for the Factory of the Future“ and acronym “EDGE4FOF”.
File No.: ZE-2020/00017
Start and end date:
Start: April 1, 2020
End: December 31, 20222
Number of participants:
Description and objectives:
The fourth industrial revolution, also known as Industry 4.0, is at its peak. Practically all companies have in their strategy lines related to the digitalization of their value chain and the integration of data in it. The factories of the future are going to be smart, oriented towards efficiency, sustainability, flexibility and competitiveness, in a connected environment where people will be a central element.
The EDGE4FOF project will carry out a research and proposal of a new hybrid architecture of reference in Edge/Cloud Computing, deploying scenarios of impact on the competitiveness of the consortium. The latter can be approach form different investment and exploitation target points, and which will lead to the development of innovative advanced products/services capable of automatically balancing the load to offer solutions to the factory of the future, positioning the participating companies as leaders of the new paradigm.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Generate knowledge to face one of the most critical problems regarding the generation of massive data in machines and processes.
- Understand the requirements and deployment of solutions in both Cloud Computing and Edge Computing to move from retrospective analytics to predictive analytics.
- Achieve an Edge Computing vs. Cloud Computing architecture solution capable of automatically balancing the analytics load.
- Define real strategies for the implementation of advanced machine data analytics solutions within the plant, beyond PLC/CNC, responding to the new over-information needs.
- Generate new advanced industrial products and services interconnected to the Cloud for their valorisation.
- ETXE-TAR S.A. (LEADER)
- AINGURA IIOT S.L.U.
- ASOCIACION ESPAÑOLA DE FABRICANTES DE MAQUINA HERRAMIENTA
- FAGOR AUTOMATION S. COOP.
- GAINDU S.L.
- IKUSI S.L.U.
- TITANIUM INDUSTRIAL SECURITY, S.L.
- FAGOR AOTEK S. COOP.
- FUNDACIÓN CENTRO DE TECNOLOGÍAS DE INTERACCIÓN VISUAL Y COMUNICAC VICOMTECH
- FUNDACIÓN DE INVESTIGACIÓN DE LA MÁQUINA HERRAMIENTA
- FUNDACIÓN PARA LA FORMACIÓN TÉCNICA EN MÁQUINA HERRAMIENTA
- IKERGUNE A.I.E.
- UNIVERSIDAD DE LA IGLESIA DE DEUSTO