Fagor Automation is committed to the Circular Economy. And this is shown by the fact that for years now, we have incorporated into our policies measures to increase the life cycle of the products we produce.
The European Union’s commitment is firm and is supported by the new Circular Economy Action Plan (CEAP). This is one of the main pillars of the European Green Deal, the new European agenda for sustainable growth.
CEAP promotes initiatives that cover the entire life cycle of products, trying to recover the right to repair and extend the useful life of products.
Motorlan: Repair and Maintenance
Fagor Automation is aware of the need for these initiatives. For years, Fagor Automation already applied some measures in line with the Circular Economy:
- The Motorlan Repair Center is dedicated to the repair and maintenance of all types of electric motors and their electronic regulation. When dealing with the maintenance of repair of engines, Motorlan focuses on their consumption as efficiency. It has an impact on sustainabillity and is commited to reconditioning this type of engine.
- Fagor Automation makes it easy for users to extend the life of their machines by promoting the retrofit of the machine tool, which consists of updating or modernizing the obsolte machine. Thanks to retrofitting, the entire CNC and drive system can be renewed while maintaining the mechanics of the machine, achieving a practically new machine at a lower cost.
- So that the assembly and storage times of the machines do not penalize or reduce the guaranteed time that reaches the end-user, Fagor Automation offers a three-year guarantee to manufacturers. In addition, it maintains the availability of spare parts for a period of 10 years or more.
- Although the production activity has a very low environmental impact, Fagor Automation works to offer solutions that further reduce the environmental impact:
- The elimination of lead and other dangerous substances has already been achieved, following the European RoHS directive in more than 99% of the materials.
- The requirement for the RoHS certificate by the supplier has been included as part of the process of homologation of raw materials and commercialized products.
These types of measures aimed at greater sustainability reaffirm Fagor Automation in its Cooperative Principles since they are the values that sustain the company and are part of its hallmarks. As an agent of social transformation, Fagor Automation commits to solidarity and sustainable development.