HAZITEK Program. SPRI, Basque Government
Co-financed by the Basque Government and the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020 (ERDF).
“Industrial application of input technology (LMD and Machining) in a global and efficient hybrid platform” and acronym “MADD-TWIN”.
File No.: ZL-2019/00601
Start and end date:
Start: May 1, 2019
End: December 31, 2020
IBARMIA INNOVATEK S.L.
Number of participants:
Description and objectives:
The laser deposition process, also known as Laser Cladding, Direct Laser Deposition or Laser Metal Deposition (LMD), is an additive manufacturing process that consists of selective injection of material on a substrate, and is used exclusively on metallic and ceramic materials, so it is oriented to the final part.
The MADD-TWIN project is framed within the Machine Tool and Advanced Manufacturing sector, and will focus on developing an integral hybrid machine solution (LMD + Machining), both from the point of view of the machine and the process and services associated with this type of machines.
MADD-TWIN consortium members will address the following objectives in the project:
- The creation of a new product such as the developing of a hybrid manufacturing solution, combining the LMD process with machining.
- Develop a scalable database containing the knowledge about the LMD process in a structured way.
- Develop in-situ 3D inspection systems capable of measuring the geometry of the input material and this feedback the construction of the process layer by layer with real data.
- Develop a monitoring and control system for the LMD.
- Develop and implemented Process + Machine Tool package for hybrid machines.
- IBARMIA INNOVATEK S.L. (LEADER)
- FAGOR AUTOMATION S. COOP.
- FAGOR AOTEK S. COOP.
- FUNDACION TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION
- UPV/EHU – DEPARTAMENTO INGENIERÍA MECÁNICA